Friday, April 6, 2018

30 Blocks in 30 Days: Blocks #1 - #6

The 30 Blocks in 30 Days Blog Hop hosted by Carla Henton of Creatin' in the Sticks started this past Sunday, April 1st.   (Here is the link to this blog hop: https://createinthesticks.blogspot.com.)  My first six blocks are done and really came together real quick after I finally came up with a plan on how I was going to make these blocks.  Carla's original 30 Block quilt had a lot of negative space because the same solid white was used for all of the blocks which is wonderful for exquisite machine quilting skills which I do not have.  I decided to make each block stand out on their own by not using the same background fabric for each block and also also there will be a little less "lights" used.  My fat eighth bundle of Zen Chic's Hey Dot which I've been saving for the right project would be perfect for the 30 blocks.

I knew this would be the right fabrics for these 10" blocks which are wonderful to showcase the fabrics.  And I might add that these blocks are fun to make and each one can be sewn together in less than 30 minutes. The only part that may be a little time consuming is deciding which fabric to use.  I have to confess that I made all of these blocks at once so if you want to join the 30 Blocks in 30 Days blog hop it would be real easy to catch up.

There are thirty bloggers who will be showcasing their block and project every day in April.  I will be featuring my version of the "Crosswalk" block on Sunday, April 22nd by making a project with this block.  I hope you check out my blog then but also check out the other bloggers' creation by clicking on the link above where you will find the schedule and the links to the other bloggers.

Meanwhile, I'll be sewing up more of these blocks at once plus working on my project because my darling hubby scheduled a getaway the week before my scheduled post.  Yikes!  I keep telling myself won't my quilt look pretty when I photograph it in Myrtle Beach.



12 comments :

  1. Hi Rose: I hope you have a great time at Myrtle Beach and I am really impressed that you are working on 30 blocks in 30 days. Too much for me to keep up with. I love the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to see how you get on. I had thought about joining in but I'm already doing three QALs and are behind on two already. I don't think I could cope with another. I'll have to live it through you and your gorgeous fabrics xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As with the others, I will enjoy this QAL vicariously through blogland. I love the Zen Chic fabric you are using!! Have a fun getaway to Myrtle Beach. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fabrics you selected for your blocks. I will be waiting to see your project on the 22nd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you are making the blocks your own by using the dots and not a single background fabric your unifying theme. How inconsiderate of your husband to make you go to the beach. (Have fun! I’m looking forward to an awesome photo shoot.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dotty fabric! It is just perfect for your project. Myrtle Beach?! Fun! Warm! Can't wait to see your block at the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Myrtle Beach would be just the place to snap some photos of your quilt! How fun that hubby is taking you there, I hope you enjoy every minute! Like other commenters, I love the dots fabric. I'm down to one QAL at the moment, but happy to take a break from them for now and play with some other projects. I'll be happy to watch your progress though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked at the 30 blocks in 30 days QAL and knew I wouldn't be able to keep up, so instead I'll enjoy looking at everyone else's. Love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great blocks. I don’t believe I’d be able to do this, so kuddos and good luck to you! I love what you are doing with your blocks and look forward to seeing Crosswalk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rose,
    Oooooh, those fabrics looks just delicious and your blocks are so fun! I can't wait to see your block and quilt, photographed in Myrtle Beach. I've always wanted to visit there - I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks look great! I tend to spend way more time selecting fabric than I should ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blocks are super-simple. Your fun fabrics make them shine :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but due to traveling and my ineptitude with typing on either my iPhone or iPad, my response may be somewhat delayed. Thank You for your understanding.