I’ve been pokey this month with finishes especially since I did not finish my CT Dirty Dozen UFO Challenge. During the first three weeks we were on vacation and then had a nice five day visit at the GP House where I was able to finish a Halloween pillowcase on top and the table runner/wallhanging flimsies on the bottom. All of these were made with Halloween fabrics which were sitting in the stash for too long.
I thought the Alexander Henry Pumpkin Party prints would make a fun pillowcase for the darling Granddaughter. These really are fun and easy to make and also a great way to use some of the other fabrics waiting to be used. I’ve already have at least six groupings ready to be made.
Six years ago, I made a table runner with yardage and a fat quarter pack of Thimbleberries’ Mr. Halloween Party. I really loved the prints and so did Demando who asked if he could have the table runner for his new apartment. Like a good mother, I obliged him which you do especially if it’s quilt related. This fabric line came out in 2007 and can still be found on Etsy which I was able to purchase a half yard piece earlier this year. I had a few charm squares left and yardage of the stripe and plaids and added some other Halloween prints I had which went well with the Mr. Halloween Party prints to make this table runner measuring 20”x35”. I definitely won’t be bringing this table runner to the GP House since I don’t want my other Son to ask if he could have it.
I have to say The Haunted Hallow wallhanging is my favorite finish. I absolutely love how this came together using some fat quarters of The Haunted Hallow by Jacqueline Paton/Red Rooster Fabrics and Sandy Gervais Halloween prints. The pattern is a modified version of Villa Rosa’s Clover patten and measures 20”x32”. I spent yesterday decorating the house with all of the Fall/Halloween quilts (at least 20) and I have to say I really love seeing The Haunted Hallow on the wall. I had these fabrics in my stash for awhile so I’m glad to have finally made something wonderful with them.
While on vacation during our road trip to Colorado, I worked on two hand working projects I put together:
My latest EPP project, Carrie On Smitten Stars, using the diamond paper pieces from the previous Smitten quilts and my Carrie Bloomston stash. I need to make 40 stars and so far nine have been made.I’ve been wanting to do some slow stitching with my scraps and embroidery floss and made this with a scrap linen strip. I am loving this and wasn’t sure what I was going to with it until I saw a small lime green basket which has been sitting in the kitchen for years. I’ll keep you posted.
I thought I was going to have a surprise finish which would have made up for the CT UFO project which I didn’t do but as luck would have it, I ran out of thread while machine quilting it. I really wasn’t sure if I wanted to do a September post but thought I should since next month would be ten years I started blogging. I definitely will have something to say next month.






Just such fun Halloween projects, Rose;))) Love that little Clover wall hanging--and your applique projects is delightful...Hoping for a wonderful October for you----
ReplyDeleteJulierose
Not sure how restful that Halloween pillowcase will be! But the prints are terrific. Your take-along project is so colorful!
ReplyDeleteThe Halloween table runner turned out great. LOVE the Haunted Hollow wall hanging - you did good. I bet you enjoy just looking at your Carrie stash. :D
ReplyDelete