Sunday, October 2, 2016

A Christmas Quilt Done in September

For some reason last year, starting in September, I decided to make eleven baby quilts for my church Blanket Ministry four lap size Christmas quilts and a Paris quilt for my daughter-in-law, Christina.   This was quite a project list considering we were taking a two week vacation in October.   I was happy to finish everything with the exception of my Holly Jolly Quilt which was the last of the four Christmas quilts.  One of the reasons I love Pinterest is finding patterns/ideas for the ever growing fabric stash.  I saw this quilt with strips and patches done in 30's Christmas reproduction fabric and thought that it would look great with my stash of Sandy Gervais Christmas fabrics which it seems I have been trying to find the perfect pattern forever.  The blocks are 8" finished and I used mostly jelly roll strips.  The cut sizes for the inside patches are 2-1/2"  square and 2-1/2"x8-1/2" long for the outside strips.  For the strips and setting triangles, I used yardage that I already had and I'm not sure if I like how it turned out which is the problem you face when you use what you have.  But on the upside, it's done well before December which is a personal best for me.  The quilt measures approximately 54" x 72".   I still have a stash of Christmas fabric but at least I whittled it down a little.  Maybe I'll have time to make another one with the Cotton+Steel Christmas stash.  Ho Ho Ho!




No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but due to traveling and my ineptitude with typing on either my iPhone or iPad, my response may be somewhat delayed. Thank You for your understanding.